Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

Ah, Easter. ♥

I love spring therefore it's logical that I love Easter! I wish I had had the time and energy to decorate (crochet pastel eggs, make an Easter tree, grow some wheat grass decor, dye a million eggs), but alas, this just wasn't my year!!

I did make some really tasty food... and these narcissi torment me daily with their beauty... It's like they're yelling "take more photos, take a million more!"... is it just me who hears flowers begging to be photographed? LOL!

So here is the picture tour of my Easter... and we're off!


Appetizers were corn bread (gluten free) with boiled eggs. I tried dying them with carrot tops, but only got this light green color... I need to do more research! 
 


Lunch was lemon garlic chicken with oven roasted potatoes and carrots. Um yes, delicious! 
 

Oh! And the salad! I made a vinaigrette and tossed the salad in that. Perfect! 
My mama brought over those super cute little green hens... Love them! 
 


Dessert was this carrot cake (gluten free)... However, shortly after snapping this picture, I cut the cake up and tossed it in a bowl... 
I was a bit dumb-dumb and totally forgot the even the cake out before stacking and filling etc... I baked this in a 9x13 inch pan because I don't have a circular cake pan (wooot?!) and I just cut it in half and layer to make a 2 layered square cake. Sounds about right, right? Well, wrong when you aren't thinking things through! Argh, the cake ended up being so unstable that it was either cut it up and make a "trifle" or just chance it falling all over the floor when moving it... Trifle it was!
Note: when looking for a recipe to use for the cake, I found this recipe from Brown Eyed Baker. She had a mishap with carrot cake and made a trifle. I stole the idea shamelessly, but in my defense, I think reading about it jinxed me!


That black stuff there is called mämmi, it's a Finnish Easter tradition. I like it with vanilla cream sauce. 



What Easter could be complete without jelly beans?!
 

Ah, Easter, wonderful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here...Thank you!!