Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gray granny blanket...nearing the end?

Ah, finally to the crochet!

My granny square blanket was up to 80 squares in these pictures that I took on Easter. Later that day, I made 10 more, and get this, I sewed all the ends in the same day! Whaaaat?! I love making time for myself and my endeavors like that. And yes, I realize it's a small life I live. Lol!

So now I have a total of 90 squares... meaning only 14 more to go. 
 ...Then starts the hard part, sewing them together!

My mom and I set them all out (in no particular order) and admired them before I started snapping these pictures. 
We came to the conclusion that an 8x13 square blanket would be large enough for the throw purposes she would like it for, especially considering there will be a border around it. 


Am I really nearing the end with this project? I still have so much yarn left!


You have no idea how much I am looking forward to this weekend! 14 squares, here I come!

(I made my mama pose with the tower of squares, cute!!)

In the meantime, I am tormented by the ideas whirling around my head for next projects... So many choices, patterns, plans, colors...!!! Aargh, creativity can be burdening sometimes! 

Have you seen my crochet board or baby board on pinterest? I mention the baby board because I have pinned a million cute crochet baby things to it... and Lord knows I'm in love with baby crochet at the moment (cute, fast, colors, need I explain more?).

Well, that's all for me... Off to work for free I go (soon) and I'm just so tickled that it's almost Friday! :)
Hope you're having a nice week, thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here...Thank you!!